Sunday, September 6, 2009

(Non) Exhibition 3




Third time I try to edit this blog as the pics won't go where I want them.


No exhibition this month because the Off the Rails Gallery was showing railway memorabilia for the Discover Dunkeld weekend.


I will post a longer blog to describe my weaving techniques another time (when I have the strength to deal with stubborn blog posting formats that cannot be changed without re-doing the complete blog.


For now, here are my two finished tapestries - one of the pupa and the other of a portion of the Golden Sun Moth's wing. I use bias-cut material strips for texture and interest over double warps with woollen thread over single warps for the moth itself.


Next exhibition - and hopefully an actual rather than virtual outing - on October 3 & 4 at the Off the rails Gallery at the former Dunkeld Railway Station.

No comments:

Post a Comment